108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: URGENT: Custom patch bundle removal

SOLVED
Go to solution
Craig A. Sharp
Super Advisor

URGENT: Custom patch bundle removal

Two nights ago we applied a custom patch bundle supplied by HP following a system patch analysis.

We are now having serious system issues and need to remove the complete bundle. It was installed from DVD. There are 57 patches contained in the bundle.

What is the best way to remove these patches? One by one would be a nightmare. I did an swlist -l bundle and do not see the bundle so I guess that the patches are installed individually even thought it is a single selection from swinstall.

We are bordering a production outage if we dont do something quickly.

Thanks,

Craig
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Craig:

I presume that you have an Ignite recovery tape representing the before-state. Applying that image would be the most direct approach.

Otherwise, attempt to isolate your problem to a particular patch and 'swremove' the offender.

Regards!

...JRF...
DCE
Honored Contributor

Craig

Have you thought about doing an interactive swremove?

That way you should be able to select all (or some of) the 57 patches and remove them in one operation
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Craig,

The custom patch bundle should have a name. You can use swremove interactively to select that patch bundle name for removal.

Was anything else done after patching, such as the cleanup utility (I hope not)?

Were there special instructions for any of the patches? Were these followed? If not, it's very possible that following these instructions will obviate the need for removal. If you did follow the special instructions, you might need to "undo" some post-install customization before (or after) removal of the patches.

Most importantly: If this patch bundle was created as a result of a proactive patch analysis by an HP expert, they should be brought into the loop ASAP. They might be able to help resolve this with a minimum of distress...

Best Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
Craig A. Sharp
Super Advisor

Removing the bundle using the name was the way to go. Thanks to all for your help.