3460 Online
108841 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Warnings during Full Backup

Milos_Lucic
Advisor

Warnings during Full Backup

Hi to all,

I have one question about warning during Full backup and it is pertain on following >>

I was doing Full backup on HP-UX 11.23 and it finished succesfully and after i check /SCINSTALL/log/scbackup.log i got this warning

fbackup(1601) : could not access -i/-e file ./var/spool/sockets

I have checked /var/spool and it really doesn't contain this file, i'm little bit curios to find out for what serves this file what is his purpose and why fbackup ask for it. If someone knows the answer and have similar problem to share and resolve this i would appreciate it.

Thank's

Milos Lucic

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>why fbackup ask for it.

Perhaps it was there at the start of the fbackup but not there when written to output device?

Milos_Lucic
Advisor

As i said in my previous post i check file /var/spool/sockets and it doesn't exists. These happens to me for the last few backups and i got always the same "warning" which i mention above. I posted this thread in case to see if someone have similar problem and know what is all about this type of warning.

So the case that file exist at start and later don't during fb is out.

It is not problem for me to create this file but main question is what is his purpose what it should contain.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

It is a temp file, don't worry.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Milos_Lucic
Advisor

Thank's for your answer. So i guess its minor warning and i hope i will have some more informations and opinions but many things i need to discover on my own.