1753784 Members
7226 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Writing CDs for HP-UX on PC

Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Writing CDs for HP-UX on PC

We have an old system, not quite yet updgraded, without a CD-writer. I need to copy files on an optical disk to CD.

I've been trying to use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 on my PC (after ftp'ing the files to the PC).

All of the options for file system type get filenames that show up in Unix as all uppercase, followed by a ";1". The data seems OK, but the names aren't.

Someone suggested using the Rock Rigde format, but that doesn't seem to be one of the options.

Are there any CD writers that run on a PC (W2K) and can write HP-UX readable files?

Getting a CD writer for the HP may not be an option, as we're going to replace it as soon as possible - it's an HP 9000 K200 running 10.02.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to HP-UX > sysadmin. - Hp Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Stevan Beara
Advisor

Re: Writing CDs for HP-UX on PC

hey michael,
when mounting the cdrom try the putting the -o cdcase which should make HP-UX capable of reading the PC made cd's

stevan
Stevan Beara
Advisor

the whole line will be

mount -F cdfs -o cdcase /dev/dsk/cxtydz /cdrom

Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Looks like I'm out of luck: -o cdcase isn't a recognized option. (HP-UX 10.02)

Now I have a problem of moving 20 or 30 GB of data from optical disks to the new machine.

Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Followup to my last one: We'll have both machines for a few weeks - I can just ftp them from one to the other. The new machine will have a CD writer.
Marek Smejkal
Frequent Advisor

pfs_mount -t iso9660 /dev/rdsk/cxtydz /cd-rom

BR

Marek
Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Thanks, Marek, but I'm so far back (HP-UX 10.02) I don't even have pfs_mount.
Marek Smejkal
Frequent Advisor

My apology I miss the last part of your problem description. Both HW& SW long time obsoleted. The best, as you comment is to ftp files.

Marek