1753500 Members
3358 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cold install HP-UX 11.0

Chelsea Matej
Occasional Contributor

cold install HP-UX 11.0

I am attempting to load the OS from the CD. I have followed the procedures from the Cold-Installing HP-UX 11.0 (procedure) document. I have tried interactively, and non-interactively, I keep recieving the following message:

"Operating system software has not been successfully loaded. The swinsstall application was not completed or failed to load some key files (exit status was =1)."

I am at a lose. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. CM
5 REPLIES 5
Sandor Horvath_2
Valued Contributor

Re: cold install HP-UX 11.0

Hi !

Which hardware and CD release use when this error occured ?
May be the problem is your HW is not supported the old version of install CD.

The other thing I found install problem when I tried install the 2 disks root VG. Do You try it ?

Regards, Saa
If no problem, don't fixed it.
Steve Massey_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Sandor has a point here - I had problems installing N-class 550MHTZ procs.

I need at least Nov 99 Core O/S and had to pick full CDE install - the minimum version wouldn't work

Steve
Sarah Plunkett
Advisor

Hi !

A good way of understanding more why it failed is to look in the sw*.log files in /var/adm/sw. View esp. the swagent and swinstall log files for more pointers as to the reasons for the failure.

Cold installs of OSes are usually okay and the main reasons for their failure at the initial stage is because of hardware (i.e hardware not capable of supporting new version)

Sandor Horvath_2
Valued Contributor

Hi !

It is good for N series with 440 MHTZ procs but I doesn't know for the 550 MHTZ procs.
Try ask a newer one from HP.

Oher think if You have try install from ather CD discuss your core CD is correct.

Good luck !

Saa
If no problem, don't fixed it.
Chelsea Matej
Occasional Contributor

Our server is a 9000/725/100. I have checked the obsolete list and the 9000/725/50 & 9000/725/75 is on it but not the 100mhz. The Core OS release is Nov 1999. I also was trying the 2 disk root so maybe that is a problem.

Sarah, thnx for the tip about the logs. CM