1753404 Members
7076 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

disk configuration

kacou
Regular Advisor

disk configuration

i have a serious problem. In fact i have two disks (2 x 146 Gb). I want to mirror the two disks (physical mirror).Is it possible to do it? in other word, is it possible to make a physical mirror and after that do the os installation.
NB: all books i read speak to the logical mirror.
7 REPLIES 7
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Re: disk configuration

physical mirror or hardware mirror's no need to configure here.

what is your OS version?
a warrior never quits
kacou
Regular Advisor

model : 9000/800/rp3440
version: hp-ux B.11.23
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Hi,

sincerely I don't understand what you mean exactly with "physical mirror", also you ask for how to mirror first and install OS then. I'd suppose you need MirrorDisk/UX but that requires you have already the OS installed.

Otherwise if you are referring to HW mirror (or RAID) then that depends on the storage.

HTH.

Best regards,
Fabio
WISH? IMPROVEMENT!
kacou
Regular Advisor

in fact i need a HW mirror (or RAID1).

The two disks are on the serveur (internal).
9000/800/rp3440

Is there a soft to do it?
Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as said for HW mirror that depends on the kind of storage. For example if you have storage with smart array controllers you could do that by connecting on boot to Smart Array utilities. If you have XP then you could do that by XP tools and so on, but I think here someone more oriented to HW than me should reply to you on this argument.

Best regards,
Fabio

WISH? IMPROVEMENT!
Deepak Kr
Respected Contributor

Hi,

See if you want to make a RAID 1 at hardware level on HP 9000 or IA server then answer is no.

There is not hardware availble with server for this. But if the disks you are taking about not local one then you can use storage box to make it mirror.
"There is always some scope for improvement"