108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ixPAMmkdir

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Garner
Frequent Advisor

There is/was nothing *mkdir* in /usr/lib/security but there is a symbolic link in the .../hpux64 directory that points to the the correct file in /opt/iexpress/pammkdir/...

I even tried to fool the by adding a sybolic link in the /usr/lib/security directory...still no go! But to show you...

root@hostname /root # ll /usr/lib/security/*mkdir*
/usr/lib/security/*mkdir* not found
root@hostname /root # ll /usr/lib/security/hpux64/*mkdir*
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 51 Jul 24 15:03 /usr/lib/security/hpux64/libpam_mkdir.so.1 -> /opt/iexpress/pammkdir/lib/hpux64/libpam_mkdir.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 75240 Jul 24 15:56 /usr/lib/security/hpux64/libpam_mkdir.so.1.original
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

I think you are getting killed by the way that you have the modules stacked. Try this order:

login session required libpam_hpsec.so.1
login session required libpam_mkdir.so.1 skel=/etc/skel umask=0022
login session sufficient libpam_unix.so.1
login session required libpam_ldap.so.1
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Alan Garner
Frequent Advisor

That did the trick although it throughs an erro in the syslog abount unknow option! But I can work that out. At least now it does create the directory.

Thanks.
Alan Garner
Frequent Advisor

See above post!