108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pfs_mountd/pfsd

SOLVED
Go to solution
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

If you are not using NFS services then you don't have to use pfs mount. Just use JRF suggestion and would be enough.
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Don't use pfs:

It can be an Oracle CD-ROM, or a CD created on Windows, or whereever they used Rock Ridge extensions. Long names are truncated or show upper case only. Oracle tells you to use pfs_mount.

Do not use pfs_mount!. Install the Rock-Ridge extension patches instead and never worry about these problems. For HP-UX 11.00 you will need forget all about PFS and install PHKL_26448 (now superceded by PHKL_28060), PHCO_26449, and PHKL_26450 to have HP-UX recognize those file systems automatically on mount! For HP-UX 11.11 (11i) you need PHCO_25841, PHKL_26269, and PHKL_25760 (now superceded by PHKL_28025).

Installation of patches requires a reboot.

swinstall -x autoreboot=true -x autoselect_patches=TRUE -x patch_match_target=TRUE -x patch_filter=*
.* -s pc1005:/var/software/hp/rockridge @`hostname`

To mount a Rockridge CD (instead of using pfs_mount):

mount -F cdfs -o ro,rr,noauto /dev/cdrom /cdrom

To unmount:

umount /cdrom

To share out the cd over NFS:

exportfs -i -o ro,anon=0 /cdrom

On remote:

mount -F nfs sha1:/cdrom /zmnt

Note: client server does NOT need to have Rock Ridge patches installed to access the cdrom remotely.

Note 2: For HP-UX 11iV2 (11.23) - RockRidge is built into the OS - no need for a patch.

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Jose_C_Moraes
Super Advisor

Hi TI_2007 and Geoff

I think I have to burn the CDs. I only do not understand why HP has made a decision to make the download images as iso images. It was much easier the previous format, as depot images.

I will close the thread. Tnxs you all for the help. I assigned points for all of you.

Tnxs a lot, best regards
Jose
Jose_C_Moraes
Super Advisor

I appreciate your help.

Best regards to all of you
Jose