1752761 Members
4900 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: restrict inactive user accounts

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The knowledge of "How to login" and the "few" commands are probably not enough to do administration on productive environments.

I would consider to take some trainings and qualification first.

BTW, you should read also this:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

(a good way to say "thank you" to all who trying to help you)

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

".i got job as a fresher ...i couldnt understand one thing most of the answers i observed in HP forums are incomplete..."

that's not correct....the forums are designed to help people...but they assume that there is at least a "working knowledge" of hpux.

In your case, you're in over your head and are asking people to do your job for you. this is all volunteer stuff, most people here have there own jobs to attend to as well. Why should we do your work, when your the one collecting the pay for it.

You need to get some training, and very quickly
Michael Mike Reaser
Valued Contributor

"i got job as a fresher ...i couldnt understand one thing most of the answers i observed in HP forums are incomplete.."

No, no the answers are **NOT** "incomplete".

You don't know what we're talking about, but that doesn't mean the answers are "incomplete". Many of us, like me, take a break from our own work days to try to help folks, but we're also presuming that the folks we're helping understand what we're talking about.

You do not.

"I just know how to login...and fes commands..thats it"

Then perhaps you should **NOT** be a "unixadmin". In fact, you should **NOT** even be a "unixuser".

You're expecting the rest of us to do your job for you, for free. You're the one getting paid for it, you're the one not assigning points to replies to your questions:

I have assigned points to 0 of 78 responses to my questions.

First off, to continue using the knowledge contained within these Forums, you should follow the instructions here:

However, the best solution would be for you to find and obtain some training on Unix basics. Then, and **ONLY** then, should you try to start learning all the tasks required to be a system administrator.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
unixadmin_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Micahael,

I am not working to any of the company you imagined...I Just joined as a trainee for one traning organisation.. and i am trying hard to get the solution after there is no way i am just refering you...Iam very sorry that i never assigned points ..as I said earlier I am new buddy My age is just 18...I am studying 1st year engineering and getting trained with one organization..so If any thing wrong please let me know...
unixadmin_1
Frequent Advisor

Please come up with the solution never disourage learners..that states you doesnt know anything...

To learn, one must assimilate the teachings of those already in the know. You seem to be looking for an answer that you can cut and paste into a browser or some other e-training material.

That's not learning.

The people here have been incredibly helpful to me.
unixadmin_1
Frequent Advisor

No Patrick you are assuming me in wrong way If any thing wrong I am really sorry
Peter Nikitka
Honored Contributor

Hi,
my LAST try:

Did your try to work down the list I gave?

What where/are the problems?

BTW, you got already a copy+paste solution.

Did you read and understand

mfG Peter
The Universe is a pretty big place, it's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space, right? Jodie Foster in "Contact"
unixadmin_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks