108759 Solutions
New Discussion

scsimgr

madhuthelearner
Occasional Advisor

scsimgr

Hi , 

Storage team has assigned the lun

after presenting the LUN to server,I am not able to see the disk after running ioscan .

and I tried insf -e .even after i am not to see the luns.

when I see syslog and dmesg i found from the logs to run scsimgr -f replace_wwid command.

My doubt is

only after reconfiguring the luns,it is necessary to perform scsimger command.

but after allocating luns from storage,why I can see message the message to run scsimgr.

is that LUN instance ID is used already ? ---> No ,this is newly build server.

May be Instance ID can be connected ti tape drive  and tape drive may be removed  ?? --? not sure.

my doubt is without reconfiguring luns ,how can i see message in syslog and dmesg to run scsimgr replace_wwid.

regards

Madhu

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: scsimgr

Usually the message says something like "same device address (nportID), but different WWID...", hence it suggests replace_wwid command.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Is this the message you are seeing?

class : lunpath, instance 1505
Evpd inquiry page 83h/80h failed or the current page 83h/80h data do not match the previous known page 83h/80h data on LUN id 0x0 probed beneath the target path (class = tgtpath, instance = 19) The lun path is (class = lunpath, instance 1505).Run 'scsimgr replace_wwid' command to validate the change

Use the command "scsimgr lun_map" to view the current state of the LUNs.   Likely the state is Unknown or AUTH_FAILED.  The scsimgr replace_wwid command will be needed.

Why?  I cant say.  Perhaps during initial setup a LUN ID was detected by HP-UX, but that ID changed at the final presentation?  A change of WWN would also cause this.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
madhuthelearner
Occasional Advisor

Hi ,

There was no changes done at the first time of Disk presentation.

even if ID was used before, we have executed insf -e,so that it will create device file only for availble hardware.

then how could the luns are not visible for the first time.when no changes were done.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

> even if ID was used before, we have executed insf -e,so that it will create device file only for availble hardware.

insf will create, or rebuild, the device files such as /dev/disk/disk25 or /dev/dsk/c5t3d0.  This does not change, or affect the use of, the LUN ID or WWN as this info refers to the actual LUN and not the relational path to get to that LUN.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!