108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: transferqueue?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Misa
Frequent Advisor

transferqueue?

I've read mentions of this twice this week. It's referenced as though it's part of the standard distribution, but I've looked on 10.20, 11.00, and 11.11. Can't find it. Rub my nose in the FAQ if there is one...

--Misa
6 REPLIES 6
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Misa,

Believe that command & it's man pgs are only available if you've installed JetAdmin on the system.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Misa
Frequent Advisor

Beauty, thanks!
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Misa
Frequent Advisor

Or, for a "more better" summary: ;)

It's /opt/hpnp/bin/transferqueue, a shell script which could be picked apart if one were interested. Man page is non-existent in my ancient version (D.06.15).
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Time to update to the latest JetDirect software. JetAdmin has been obsolete for almost 2 years. The replacement is called HP Printer Installer (or HPPI for short, not to be confused with longhairs in San Francisco during the 70's). Virtually all the functionality of JetAdmin is present but with a major rewrite--and man pages.

Actually, you probably do have man pages even for your old version, it's just that the MANPATH file has not been updated. Look in /opt/hpnp/man (as in: ls -R /opt/hpnp/man). Then add /etc/opt/man to your 1-line /etc/MANPATH file and login again. You'll now see man pages for addqueue, removequeue and transferqueue. And most important, you'll have man pages for the net_lj... model scripts. You'll dozens of new options that only appear in the net_lj... man pages (ie, man net_lj5x)

To replace JetAdmin with the latest software, download a free copy from:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Product.jsp%3Flocale%3Den_US%26prodTypeId%3D13037%26prodSubCatId%3D28674

You'll need to run swremove to remove the old JetAdmin software. Don't worry, none of the printers will be affected. JetAdmin and HPPI produce the printer configs but do not store them. I haven't used the interactive add/change/delete menu for a couple of years since addqueue and removequeue are so simple.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Misa
Frequent Advisor

Hi, Bill,

I actually did look in /opt/hpnp/man/*; there just isn't one for transferqueue, though there are others.

I know it's old. I have never updated because my impressions from reading HP's site is that it's all web-ified, a thing I try to avoid and a trend I really dislike. [curses(3X) forever!] I probably ought to take another look.

Thanks,
M????a