Operating System - HP-UX
1752805 Members
5484 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vgcfgrestore - unable to restore config bec. of PV size???

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vishu
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

You can remove the disk entry from the /etc/lvmpvg file and after new disk is installed, you can extend your VG with -g option by specifying the PVG name. and there you go, you have your new disk in your PVG, you can now mirror your LVs on it.

cam9269
Regular Advisor

Hey guys, I haven't tried doing the vgreduce routine. I got a question in mind:

The LVs are composed of several PVs since its PVG distributed - in the primary/mirror PVGs. If I perform an 'lvreduce -m 0 LVname', will this will remove the mirror copies from all the other PVs it's distributed onto?

Thanks!
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

>>The LVs are composed of several PVs since its PVG distributed - in the primary/mirror PVGs. If I perform an 'lvreduce -m 0 LVname', will this will remove the mirror copies from all the other PVs it's distributed onto? <<<<

see example from the "lvreduce" man page

man lvreduce

Remove mirror copies of logical extents of a logical volume from the
physical volume /dev/dsk/c1t0d0:

lvreduce -m 0 /dev/vg01/lvol4 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0

form above example, you can check on how many "PV's" your logical volume has been mirrored you need to specify them as below example, do get the "PV's" use "lvdisplay -v

#lvdisplay -v /dev/vgxx/lvolxx |more -> take note the "PV's" name and followed by "lvreduce"

#lvreduce -m 0 /dev/vgxx/lvolxx /dev/dsk/c1t2d1 /dev/dsk/c2t2d2 /dev/dsk/c1t1d1 /dev/dsk/c1t2d2
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Are you using extent-based striping?
Are you using PVG-strict mirroring?

Are your mirrored copies in one PVG only?

This would be PVG-Strict mirroring were the primary is in one PVG and the mirror in the 2nd PVG.

With PVG's mirroring occurs across HBA so that a loss of an HBA would not completely blow up the mirroring. You manually edit the /etc/lvmpvg file so primary PVs are in one group and the mirrors are in the 2nd.

As long as you pv and vg are set up correctly then LVM will handle the lvremove automatically.

List your pvdisplay -v with a few extents and your /etc/lvmtab. Also a lvdisplay -v with a few extents.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law