1748228 Members
4525 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

where to get precompiled rsync

Mark Smith T-Systems
Frequent Advisor

where to get precompiled rsync

I don't know if I am in the correct forum for this question or not, but I am tired of Googling for a free copy of a precompiled rsync.

Can anyone supply me with any links that they know of where I can get rsync for HPUX? (11.00)
8 REPLIES 8
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: where to get precompiled rsync

Not for an out of support OS like 11.0 unless you build it yourself:

ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/rsync/

Pete

Pete
Mark Smith T-Systems
Frequent Advisor

I started at that site, I dont see a PRECOMPILED version there.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Yes, I was able to decipher that big word in your subject. Unfortunately, 11.0 has been out of support since the end of 2006 ( http://www.hp.com/softwarereleases/releases-media2/history/slide2.html ) and there just aren't many pre-compiled depots still around.

Pete

Pete
Mark Smith T-Systems
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Pete, I fear you are right.
I'll wait to look for more responses and maybe when I get some more patience build up, I will do more searching with Google.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Mark:

I doubt that you are going to find any site's hosting a precompiled version of 11.0 "anything" [other than are friend Merijn who doesn't in this case].

The 11.0 release sales ended February 2005 --- over 4-years ago and support ended December 2006.

I would suggest that anyone needing/wanting to continue to run any release beyond its official support date, think about the software they _might_ want to use and fetch it then, before it disappears deep into the great /dev/null :-)

Regards!

...JRF...
Mark Smith T-Systems
Frequent Advisor

Hello James,
you make a good point about getting things ahead of time, but in this case for me I got thrown onto an account that was already out of support. I told them when they gave it to me that we were going to have problems.
This is not a critical thing for me, but it would help if I could find it, soon I will be throwing up my hands and saying "forget it".
Mark

Mark Smith T-Systems
Frequent Advisor

the only possible solution is to copy the binaries and libraries from one server to another, that's all we can come up with at this time.
raiden
Regular Advisor

Hi Mark ,

You can download the precompiled version of rsync frm below link.

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Networking/Admin/rsync-3.0.5/

rsync depots for all HP-UX versions are available for dwnld.