108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ACME-F-CONTACTSYSMGR with set password

SOLVED
Go to solution
BoyeDav
Frequent Advisor

ACME-F-CONTACTSYSMGR with set password

I get the following error when running 'SET PASSWORD', even from the system account:

%ACME-F-CONTACTSYSMGR, requested operation has failed; contact the system manager

We recent installed the latest ECOs, which included the LDAP ACME agent which would have installed a new setp0.exe. We aren't experiencing any other issues that I know of, and we've not yet enabled LDAP on ANY accounts.

Any help is appreciated. OpenVMS 8.3 on Itanium, latest patches as of July 19.
5 REPLIES 5
Hoff
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ACME-F-CONTACTSYSMGR with set password

Per a header file, the comment associated with the CONTACTSYSMGR condition is "THIS MESSAGE IS SENT TO THE END USER WHEN DETAILS ARE IN THE LOG FILE".

There's another reference here

http://www.decus.de/slides/sy2006/16_05/1G05.pdf

to a hack that was needed when identifying terminal types, which might conceivably point to a change introduced by an ECO.

The log file defaults to SYS$MANAGER:ACME$SERVER.LOG.

Dig around and you will be able to locate rather more detail on the whole of the ACME-related mechanisms.

Regardless, check the log and resolve what you can from there, and then check more directly with our HP hosts around this case should the problem(s) here not be obvious from the log file.

BoyeDav
Frequent Advisor

Here's what's in the log:

-ACME-I-THREAD, thread: id = 4, type = EXECUTION
-ACME-I-REQUEST, request information, id = 2, function = CHANGE_PASSWORD
-ACME-I-CLIENT, client information, PID = 00027952
-ACME-I-AGENT, agent information, ACME id = 1, name = VMS
-ACME-I-CALLOUT, active callout routine = acme$co_initialize
-ACME-I-CALLBACK, active callback routine = acme$cb_send_logfile
-LOGIN-S-PROCSTEP, Processing Step was INITIALIZE_PROCESSING_CHECK_LOGON_TYPE
-LOGIN-F-TEXT, Initial General Item List did not contain ACME$_LOGON_TYPE

It sounds like ACME needs an explicit login type after the installation of the ACME LDAP agent and the new logonoff.exe and setp0.exe. I'll see what I can dig up. Thanks!
Bill Hall
Honored Contributor

As a part of "We recent installed the latest ECOs" did you install the VMS83I_LOGIN-V0100 ECO?

I have not installed the Integrity version, but I did install the Alpha version on top of the ACMELOGIN ECO. Guess what, the LOGIN ECO contains only the traditional LOGINOUT image and knows nothing about the ACMELOGIN ECO and the new ACME LOGINOUT. So the LOGIN ECO will replace the ACME LOGINOUT image with the traditional LOGINOUT image.

Now you have a mismatch between the LOGINOUT and the SETP0 images. Which you seem to have verified will not work together.

Reinstall the ACMELOGIN ECO and all should be good.

Bill
Bill Hall
BoyeDav
Frequent Advisor

When I patched the server, I installed V0600 consolidated update, then the individual ECOs released after that.

I don't see an ACMELOGIN ECO for VMS83I. Do you mean the ACMELDAP ECO?
Bill Hall
Honored Contributor

You should have applied DEC-AXPVMS-V83_ACMELDAP_STD-V0103--4.PCSI and DEC-AXPVMS-V83_ACMELOGIN-V0101--4.PCSI to get the LDAP ACME agent. Reinstall DEC-AXPVMS-V83_ACMELOGIN-V0101--4.PCSI.

Bill
Bill Hall