1748136 Members
3392 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DCPS support of new HP printer

Steve_M
Visitor

DCPS support of new HP printer

We have a new replacement printer which prints ok but we have lost the ability to select a specific tray on the new printer. Our old printer was an HP LaserJet 9050dn, and our new one is an HP LaserJet 600 M602. We have OpenVMS I64 V8.3-1H1 with DCPS V2.6. There is a previous post for this same issue (different printer http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/System-Management/DCPS-support-of-new-printers/m-p/5146225#M38432) and the solution is to create a new module, but the question is, which of the existing modules is best to use as the basis for the 'HPGENERIC' module for the new printer. Any help will be gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
Axel Parlow
Occasional Advisor

Re: DCPS support of new HP printer

We face the same problem. I tried HPCLJ9500, HPLJ9050MFP and HPLJ9055 with no success. Is nobody out there who could shed a light on this?

Thanks

Axel

abrsvc
Respected Contributor

I am not familiar with these particular models, but in the past, I have found that the "default" settings for the newer printers can be altered such that they can mimic the "older" ones.  In one case, we had to change the default to PCL5 support.  If you don't require any of the newer features (PCL6 has more than PCL5 for example) setting the printer to the older type settings may resolve your problem.

Dan

Axel Parlow
Occasional Advisor

Solution found: The modules from HPLJ9050MFP do the job if both INITPSDEVICE and SETOUTPUTTRAY are used to replace the HPGENERIC variants. The SETOUTPUTTRAY module has to be modified slightly in lines 6 to 9: bin_1 must map to OUTPUT BIN 1 (not to 2), bin_2 to OUTPUT BIN 2 and so on.

Axel