108811 Solutions
New Discussion

How to monitor intruder user by Nagios.

baridban
Occasional Contributor

How to monitor intruder user by Nagios.

Hi All,

Greetings!!

Can anyone here guide me, how to configure Nagios so I can see the intruder user details.

Regards,

Barid

4 REPLIES 4
abrsvc
Respected Contributor

Re: How to monitor intruder user by Nagios.

I believe that you are asking in the wrong forum.  This is for OpenVMS.  As far as I know, NAGIOS doesnot support the OpenVMS platform/

Dan

Hoff
Honored Contributor

There are (were) some Nagios NRPE probes available for OpenVMS http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/159 though it's been a while since I've tried the probe..    As Dan mentions, I'm also not aware of the user interface and related parts of Nagios running directly on OpenVMS, however.

The available NRPE probe itself is pretty old, and I don't know off-hand if it was integrated with OpenVMS security auditing and alarms; with the intrusion detection.  It hasn't seen an update in a while, either.

Probe setup tended to be a little more involved than what fits in a forum posting, and — based on a 2014-vintage comment   over at SourceForge — the provided scripts do seem to work with recent OpenVMS versions though with some minor issues.  Start with whatever docs are in the NRPE probe sources.  

But yes, it's also possible that the OP might have mixed up "OpenVMS" and "OpenVIew" here.

baridban
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

My apologies !!!

My mistake, I could have provide more details.

Yes, this is for OpenVMS (Ver 8.4) server.

Nagios server is running on Linux platform, client version is running on OpenVMS server.

Regards,

Barid

Hoff
Honored Contributor

Doesn't look promising... 

$ sear [.nrpe...]*.c intru,sec,audi,acc

...NRPE.NRPEVMS2_0]CHECK_NRPE.C;1

* Command line: CHECK_NRPE -H <host_address> [-p port] [-c command] [-to to_sec]
printf(" [timeout] = Number of seconds before connection times out (default=%d)\n",DEFAULT_SOCKET_TIMEOUT);
printf("CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after %d seconds.\n",socket_timeout);

...NRPE.NRPEVMS2_0]NRPE_AUX.C;1

printf("** POSSIBLE SECURITY RISK - COMMAND ARGUMENTS ARE SUPPORTED! **\n");
printf("** Read the NRPE SECURITY file for more information **\n");
if((rc=SSL_accept(ssl))!=1){
snprintf(buffer,sizeof(buffer)-1,"NRPE: Command timed out after %d seconds\n",command_timeout);

...NRPE.NRPEVMS2_0]UTILS.C;1

/* Concoct the address according to the number of parts specified */
$