108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Managing disks withswxcrmgr

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Managing disks withswxcrmgr

I have AS2100RM running OpenVMS 7.3-1 with latest patch.
I have 3 swxcrs connected to the disks available. I want to find out how can I manage these disks through the swxcrmgr while the system is up.
I can sue the floppy that has the swxcrmgr software but just by booting the ARC console. how can I install it to the system so when I type the command swxcrmgr it open the GUI with the disks?

Thanks for helping
5 REPLIES 5
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Managing disks withswxcrmgr

there are two parts to the software supplied with the SWXCR raid card. The standalone raid configuration utility which is ran from the ARC console and the SWXCRMGR software which is installed on VMS. They arrive on seperate floppies. The one labelled 'RAID Array 200 Software for OpenVMS' is a VMS format floppy which contains a kit for SWXCRMGR. On the V2.2 floppy I looked at it had a DCL procedure DVA0:[SWXCR$KIT]INVOKE_PCSI.COM which installed the kit using PCSI. SWXCRMGR allows you to monitor the raid card and manage failed disks but does not allow you to change the configuration.

Thanks Ian for responding, but I ran to another problem, please see the document attached and see if you can help
Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

I don't know the product but given the message it seems your missing required software for installation.
There _should_ be a document (normally called "cover letter", if I'm not mistaken) that tells you what software is required for this product. I think a line is missing:

%PCSI-W-SFTREF, product DEC AXPVMS SWXCR V5.0 references DEC AXPVMS VMS
< one line missing??? >
-PCSI-W-SFTRF1, referenced product is not installed and a kit is not available

and exactly THAT line will tell you what product you're missing....
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I suspect you've got a version mismatch i.e SWXCRMGR V5.0 is not the right version for the version of VMS you have.

It seems like VMS isn't properly registered.

$ prod show prod vms
should list VMS and version, if not try

$ PRODUCT REGISTER PRODUCT VMS/SOURCE=SYS$COMMON:[000000]
VMS Forever