108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Memory dump agan.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darijo
Frequent Advisor

Re: Memory dump agan.

I guess that I can't get some services running in minimum system startup...
Darijo
Frequent Advisor

Ok, I finaly managed to get the file...hope it helps.
Darijo
Frequent Advisor

Oh sorry I sent wrong DMP!
Here is the real one!
John Travell
Valued Contributor

I may be missing something, but I do not recognise SYS$KPDRIVER. Is that the driver for your special fibre optic adapter?
If so, Hoff's comment - "I'd be willing to bet that the device driver for that device is what is blowing up here, too. It's probably a SYSMAN I/O connect in that batch job, and if you wander up the stack, you'll find it's connecting the driver." is almost certainly spot on.
I will take another look later, as I have no doubt will others.

Sorry about SDA> CLUE REGISTER, I forgot that it first appeared somewhat later that V7.1-1H2.
JT:
Darijo
Frequent Advisor

>>> I may be missing something, but I do not recognise SYS$KPDRIVER. Is that the driver for your special fibre optic adapter?

I guess so...
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

I see that you have firmware 5.4 on the new 1000. What was it on the old one ?

I think it could be 5.3. May be test with 5.3 and with newer/latest firmware ?

Wim
Wim
Hoff
Honored Contributor

If this is this SYS$KPDRIVER device that's at fault...

Boot conversationally (minimally), wander over to the console, set default over to SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:, and RENAME that device driver.

Here's a similar boot sequence:

http://64.223.189.234/node/939

Here are the commands for use at the console prompt:

SET DEFAULT SYS$COMMON:[SYS$LDR]
RENAME SYS$KPDRIVER.EXE SYS$KPDRIVER_SAVE.EXE

This will cause the startup to log errors when the SYSMAN command and the autoconfiguration stuff occurs, but the startup should complete without a driver crash. This will catch cases where a batch job connects the device, or when automatic mechanisms are used; it'll prevent pretty much any attempt to reference the driver from working.

Once you get the box fully booted, you can get the network and such working and hunt down the specific command(s) used to connect the failing device driver.

I don't know off-hand if the system memory model differs between the Takara and Noritake boxes (AFAIK, those details are around), but both that and a case of a latent driver bug could be involved here. Or both, of course. And this could be a case where the driver recognizes a lack of support for the platform and punts -- though that usually uses a more obvious bugcheck code, or the device is forced off-line. Different folks will program driver error paths differently.

There's easily fodder here for several offline discussions, too, whether around the particular hardware widget or the network protocol or the device driver.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC

Darijo
Frequent Advisor

>>> see that you have firmware 5.4 on the new 1000. What was it on the old one ?
I think it could be 5.3. May be test with 5.3 and with newer/latest firmware ?

Ok, I'll see when I get back tomorrow to work.
Thank you!

Hoff,

OK, I will try that...
I will report results asap.
Thank you!
Darijo
Frequent Advisor

>>>Here are the commands for use at the console prompt:

SET DEFAULT SYS$COMMON:[SYS$LDR]
RENAME SYS$KPDRIVER.EXE SYS$KPDRIVER_SAVE.EXE
----------------------------------------------------
SYS$KPDRIVER.EXE doesn't exist in that directory....

Darijo
Frequent Advisor

Hoff,

Ok, I found the file and did everything like you told me to...now it boots the system, all aplications(processes) are working including GUI via X11 but, as expected, there is no communication between the machines becasue the driver is not loaded.

Now...what are my options?
And what HW is different form that one on the 5/500 Alpha that is causing incompatibility with that optic adapter?