6663 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

New RX2800i2 crashes when booting from 3par SAN

perklit1
Occasional Collector

New RX2800i2 crashes when booting from 3par SAN

Hi,

I'm trying to install OpenVMS8.4-1H1 for a new RX2800i2. The installation to SAN disk works fine, but during initial boot, VMS bugchecks with a 'Inconsisten IO database' error, with lots of '%DK-W-PORT_WAIT, Waiting for port' errors logged to the screen before that. So I can never boot the server :-(

I've seen a post that Update v6.0 contains a resolution for this particular error. Now the version I've installed is from the BA322-10012.ISO which is the only one I can download from HP' site. Is there anyway I can download a newer ISO with more updates included? BA322-10060 fx. should have update v10 included.

I also don't know where to download the updates from - it seems to be hidden very well. And if I could download the update, how could I apply it when I cannot boot?

Any other thoughts on how to resolve my issue?

Thanks in advance, Per.

1 REPLY 1
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Re: New RX2800i2 crashes when booting from 3par SAN

Given this is a new installation and a new configuration and you're very likely under at least the initial support for VSI OpenVMS I64 V8.4-1H1, please contact the HPE or VSI support folks; the support folks for whichever bunch you purchased your VSI software from.  They can help you locate the proper patches and kits, as well.