Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

Re: VMS DCL

CTRL-H BS
CTRL-I HT
CTRL-J LF
CTRL-L FF
CTRL-M CR

if you are using reflection why don't you just record a macro?
The reflection tokens to use (depending on your keyboard mapping) are
.TransmitTerminalKey rcVtDownKey
.TransmitTerminalKey rcVtF10Key

see also
http://support.attachmate.com/techdocs/1364.html
Gilbert Pereira
Occasional Advisor

Phil

I do not use Reflections because I have never use it. Also I am not sure if Reflections would accept interactive input from the operator, since that input would always be different. I know that I can in DCL create a symbols to activated a key, like this F10 and F7:

$ q = "Q"
$ a[0,8] = %d155
$ f10 = "''a'21~"
$ f7 = "''a'18~Q"

I would like to do the same for other keys like down arrow, space bar.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Gilbert>> I do not use Reflections because I have never use it.

Check it out. It may just be the easiest solution.

Gilbert>> Also I am not sure if Reflections would accept interactive input from the operator, since that input would always be different.

I do not know that either, but imho it is more likely than that you can fake a screen oriented tool to accept piped or file based inputs as you think you can do.

Gilbert>> I know that I can in DCL create a symbols to activated a key, like this F10 and F7:

>> $ q = "Q"
>> $ a[0,8] = %d155
>> $ f10 = "''a'21~"

Free advice... do NOT use symbol substitution for escape sequences. Use the + operator instead to glue piecces of string together.

For example: $ f10 = a+"21~"

More readable (imho), less havoc to the log file and probably faster in execution (not important here).

>> I would like to do the same for other keys like down arrow, space bar.

With all due respect, that's a relatively naive question to be asking for someone trying to solve a sophisticated problem.

Space bar is just that.... a space... %x20.

The other character sequences are well documented but I would urge you to do a proof of concept first and report back here whether you can feed the Cache session useful keystrokes at all. Just try the most basic (report) command and take it from there.

Regards,
Hein.