Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[OMW] OSSPI Unix Mount policy filter help needed...

Regular Advisor

[OMW] OSSPI Unix Mount policy filter help needed...

Hello everyone,

I am using the OSSPI-Mount policy from the SPI for Unix set on OMW 8.1. This policy is used on IBM AIX Systems which use the /etc/filesystems file as input.

The point is, the script/policy comes with the following message:

"Filesystem on is not mounted."

Between "on" and "is" are 2 spaces where in between the "filesystem" must be shown. The fact is, the variable is empty... But I cannot figure out how to filter these messages out of the policy.

Condition (Objectname matches) :
mountability: <*.MP>

The variable <*.MP> is empty! Not even a space in there! Can someone help me with this rule? I want to drop messages where the <*.MP> is empty! (or where the condition exactly matches when there is no mountpoint...

Can some1 help plz!?

Thanks in advance,

Occasional Advisor

Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesystem

I am looking for some support in excluding or lowering the severity of a single filesystem from the mountability policy while maintaining the original mountability severity on all other filesystems. 

Lets say that if filesystem /abc doesn't pose a severe risk to my environment if it becomes unmounted but if all other filesystems become unmounted I need to be alerted with a critical event.  What I would like to do is set the filesystem /abc at a minor severity level if it becomes unmounted while all other filesystems remain at a critical level if they become unmounted.  Now the UNIX OSSPI-Mount policy informs me if any filesystem becomes unmounted. How can I exclude only my minor /abc filessystem from the OSSPI-Mount policy and assign it a minor severity level?. How can that be accomplished?