1753466 Members
4394 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DATA PROTECTOR EXPRESS SCSI BUS ERROR

Mark Brand
Advisor

Ditto. Getting the same scsi error, I've tried updating driver, downgrading it, etc. still get the error. NTBackup works flawlessly, so it's not a hardware issue. Any word on a patch from HP?
Marek Kowalski

Probably I have a solution : try to disable service named "HP Insight Storage Agents". My backup under Data Protector 4.0 works fine after this operation.

Best Regards

Marek Kowalski
conti
Occasional Advisor

HI,

Same issue with Agents disable.

Does someone had tried without LTT installed?
Leon Kelder

Hi there

I have the exact same problem.

Using a Ultrium 920 with a HP SC11Xe Single Channel PCI Express Host B scsi card.

I did not have LTT installed and LTT runs all the processes just fine. Im running Windows Server 2008 and the scsi bus error still exists. My guess is also that its the HP software which contains a bug.
Bernd K├╢ster BuE
Occasional Contributor

Me, too. Okay the long version. I had the same problems on a DL380 G5, Windows 2008 Standard Edition, external Ultrium 920 and LSI SCSI.

L&TT also reported problems.

The solution was for me to disable the Insight Agent for Storage.

Hope you can solve your problems, too.
Andre Tavares

i'm also having that problem. i'm working on a DL350 G5, Windows 2008 Standard Edition, internal Ultrium 920 and LSI SCSI.
i tried now to disable HP insight storage agents and i'm testing as we speak. at the begining the backup stoped at 5%. the went almost to 40% but with the same erros. let's see how it's going to work now.
Chris S Thompson

And me too. Recently installed ML350G6 with Ultrium 920 on internal scsi with DPE 4.0 with SP1.

First couple of backups were OK but after that I'm getting error 4049 about 20% through the backup.
Since its now two years after this problem was first reported I'm suprised that there appears to be no response from HP, at least none that I can find.
I will try disabling the Insight Agent for Storage as mentioned by others.
Chris S Thompson

Having stopped the HP Insight Storage Agents Service, the backup ran to completion and verified without error.
Rob van Endt
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Chris. It looks like you have solved the mystery ! Now we can all get back to using the HP backup software again. I have been using Windows NT backup in the meantime.