108799 Solutions
New Discussion

DLT Vs80e not regonized

BR163724

DLT Vs80e not regonized

I have the follwing configuration:

Windows 2000 Server
Adaptec 2110S SCSI adpater

Attached to the 2110S is a internal Harddisk and the DLT VS80e. When I boot the server the adaptec Bios regonize the DLT as a BNCHMARK DLT1 SCSI sequential device. I have installed the win2000 driver for the DLT . Win2000 also says there is a BNCHMARK DLT1 SCSI sequential device. But when i try to use Tapeware or Backup of win2000 the DLT is not regonized. When I use the HP tape tools the software regonized also the BNCHMARK DLT1 SCSI sequential device but can not connect to the DLT. It says: L&TT could not identify the correct NT miniportdriver for use to access this drive. What am I doing wrong?
OH No. It's happening again
1 REPLY 1
BR659932
Regular Advisor

Re: DLT Vs80e not regonized

Hello.

If you get that error when running L&TT, you have either a backup software or a BU service running. First stop all BU services and SW, then try again.

But do NOT try with that controller... Adaptec 2110S is NOT a SCSI-controller, but a RAID controller. Tape devices are not supported with RAID controllers, you must install it to a regular SCSI bus. This setup will not work properly.

I would suggest that since you have a W2K Server, you use Adaptec 29160 adapter with the tape drive.

Hope this helps,
~A~