StoreEver Tape Storage
1752600 Members
4416 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DPE4.0, "not attempted 1 objects" - which is it?

Villeh

DPE4.0, "not attempted 1 objects" - which is it?

Hello.

On one of my servers DP doesn't attempt to backup one object, the log states the following:

Selected 141096 objects, 189.60 GB
Completed 141095 objects, 177.74 GB (94%)
Not attempted 1 objects, 11.86 GB (6%)

There's no error at the end of the log nor there is any information what the object was that wasn't backed up. I once made the DPE to log everything, but I couldn't find the words 'failed', 'attempted' or 'error' on the whole
80+ MB log.

The backup software is DPExpress 4.0 SP1 Single Server Edition, that came with the HP external SCSI LTO2-drive. The HP server running 2008 Server x64 with AD, Hyper-V and other MS features and roles.

I've selected everything on the server to be backed up. The biggest file on the server is roughly 7 GB in size (Hyper-V VHD file) and none of the System State objects on the DP selection screen are even close to that 11,86GB. The swap file is roughly 12,3GB in size and cannot even be (de-)selected in DPE.
I've tried deleting shadow copies - it wasn't them.

Any ideas, anyone?
1 REPLY 1

Re: DPE4.0, "not attempted 1 objects" - which is it?

By selecting to back up everything, you may also have selected objects that are not present when the backup runs, like a USB drive key or a USB drive. Check the selections in detail and deselect the items that are not present.