StoreEver Tape Storage
1748257 Members
3965 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Drive failing again in HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader?

Chrysalid
Occasional Contributor

Drive failing again in HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader?

Hello,

I have an HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader.

Almost exactly a year ago, I started having problems with the drive - it was constantly requesting cleaning and tests results were suggesting it needed to be replaced.

It was no longer under warranty. I spoke with an HP tech, and after a lot of back and forth, and troubleshooting, they ended up sending me a replacement drive (internal).

Now, a year later, I'm seeing the same problems (constantly requesting cleaning).

I called HP - assuming at least this time I would have a warranty since the drive was less than a year old. They say that the drive shouldn't have been sold seperate from the autoloader - and they may not replace it under warranty. Frustrating!

But before I begin that battle - I want to see if anyone can help determine what the problem may be (if it doesn't need to be replaced).

I've attached the LTO Drive Assessment Test.

The tech support that I spoke with last week suggested I not clean the drive too often - that it may damage it. Right now every time I run the test it requests cleaning, so this last time I changed the settings so it would ignore the 'clean' message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Amber