StoreEver Tape Storage
1752582 Members
5452 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) solution

SOLVED
Go to solution
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Re: Error 4462: The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) soluti

Igor:

Correction again. To backup MS SQL you need the DPX Application Agent for DPX 4.0. In DPX 3.5 you need the DPX MS SQL Agent, this was changed in DPX 4.0 where you need a DPX Application Agent license.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave W.
Igor Maksimov
Occasional Advisor

Re: Error 4462: The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) soluti

Thanks you... I see the situation with MySQL.

But maybe you know the answer for my previous question, what was connected with backup failure?

Igor Maksimov
Occasional Advisor

Any ideas with my backup failure please?

Also I have questions about DPE. What type of encryption it use? In the DPE windows, I see 56-bit DES and not available in this version. So what type of encryption will be used?

And the last one - What about tape reclamation?
We mean, move data from one tape to another, that to in the end of this operation to achive more space in tape drivers?

Thanks,

Regards
Igor.
Kursat UGUROGLU

Hi..
i have the same error with
Server: HP DL380G5
Storage:Ultrium 920 SAS

i tried for Disabling Windows Disaster Recovery, but now exists..(screen shot in attachmen)
And the log file(\\desbimsvr\c$\Program Files\HP\Data Protector Express\log\dptrace-2.txt) has nothing..(in attachment

How can avoid this problem..?

(the attachment's extension is .zip actualy but i changed to .jpg to be able to upload)

Thanx..
Regards
Pradeep
Occasional Visitor

The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) solution

@David Lines wrote:
I am running a brand new server 2003 R2 patched server. The server is a ML350 G5

With
Data protector 3.50 sp2
bare metal disaster recovery
exchange agent
open file agent

I am doing a full backup of the server including data protector express, system files, and data files.

I have checked under options, advanced options,
create dr bootable media
update dr information on selected server

I am using a HP LTO Ultrium 3 tape drive with HP tapes.

I have done several complete backups to different tapes and get this error every time

If I try and create a disaster recovery CD I get the error
No disaster recovery image could be located

Why is this so difficult?

Error 4462: The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) solution

HP ML350 G6

OS 2008

Please give us solution

Regards

Pradeep