1.1 Device Listing: By Connection
Host Bus Adapter 'amsint SCSI Adapter' at Address '2/0.7.0'
Tape 'HP C1557A' at Address '2/0.5.0'
Media_Changer 'HP C1557A' at Address '2/0.5.1'
1.2 Device Listing: By Product
Libraries
Media_Changer 'HP C1557A' at Address '2/0.5.1'
Drive 1 'HP C1557A' at Address '2/0.5.0'

Question : how to 'read' -> '2/0.7.0' & what is the different between '2/0.5.0' & '2/0.7.0' ?

Problem1:
Media Changer at address (2/0.5.1)
Restricted tape slot warning detected.
Tapes may be sticking inside the magazine, check for labels peeling off tapes and clean the magazine slots.
Last fault code = 70

Question :
Tapes may be sticking inside the magazine?? What labels? And how to clean the magazine slots?

Problem2:
Device Analysis for DDS Drives
Please insert a cleaning cartridge 5 times in a row to ensure that the drive heads are clean
p1=<0xee>
Your drive may require re-calibration.

Question: how to recalibrate your drive?

Problem 3 : Connectivity Test Failed (I/O Exception Error 2407 - I/O request rejected by OS) SCSI Cmd I/O at 2/0.5.0: Write Buffer

Question : Whats that means?

Problem 4 : Refering to the Tape Assure Status Print Screen Image, the test result was a total failure.

Question : what is SCSI HBA? HBA Driver? Tape Device Driver? where to get those stuff?
Currently, hpdat.sys version 1.04.00 is installed. And a default Microsoft amsint.sys is used as the SCSI Controller Adapter.

Advice and help will be very much appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DAT 24x6 C1557A installation error

> Question : how to 'read' -> '2/0.7.0' & what is the different between '2/0.5.0' & '2/0.7.0' ?

The first number set (2/0) is the I/O channel your SCSI card has in the system. If your card had two channels, they would be 2/0 and 2/1 - most cards only have one channel. The second number (5 or 7) is the SCSI ID. Your autoloader is ID 5, and the host (the card itself) is ID 7. The last number is the logical unit number (LUN). The autoloader (i.e. changer) is LUN 1, and the drive is LUN 0. Thus, they share a common SCSI ID, but have different sub-unit (aka LUN) numbers.

> Question :
Tapes may be sticking inside the magazine?? What labels? And how to clean the magazine slots?

This suggestion was made by the tool based on error codes in the device logs. The error(s) suggest a problem removing tapes from the magazine. Sometimes labels used on the tape cartridges start peeling off, and cause the tape to get stuck when the autoloader attempts to load it. The suggestion is to check for any adhesive that might be left on the magazine. If so, something like isopropal alcohol should remove it.

> Question: how to recalibrate your drive?

There's a document under the DAT24 support content, under troubleshooting - diagnostic tools. Hopefully this URL will get you there:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg50236&locale=en_US&taskId=8413&taskName=troubleshoot+a+problem&prodSeriesId=42846&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+dat24+drives&docId=97420

> Problem 3 : Connectivity Test Failed (I/O Exception Error 2407 - I/O request rejected by OS) SCSI Cmd I/O at 2/0.5.0: Write Buffer

> Question : Whats that means?

Some OS drivers do not accept 1 byte data transfers. We developed a work-around for this in newer versions of L&TT. I believe 2.7 SR5 and 2.9 (the latest) have this fixed.

> Question : what is SCSI HBA? HBA Driver? Tape Device Driver? where to get those stuff?

HBA is your Host Bus Adapter (i.e. interface card).

The HBA driver should have been installed during the software installation for you adapter (or it may be included in your OS).

I believe hpdat.sys is the correct tape device driver.
The journey IS the reward.