3085 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL4048 LTO4 FH to LTO5 HH upgrade

CLEB
Valued Contributor

MSL4048 LTO4 FH to LTO5 HH upgrade

Hello

We've purchased 2 x LTO5 half height upgrade modules for our MSL4048 tape library. We currently have LTO4 full height drives and the upgrade kits don't come with blanking panels.

Is there a blanking panel part available? I can't see it on the part list.

Is it expected to use the full height drives when only using two in a 4048?

I guess I can install the new drive modules but leaving two holes either side of the drives doesn't seem ideal to me.

3 REPLIES 3

What is "blanking panel"?

The Library will not operate with a full-height tape drive installed in the second and third half-height drive bays. Install a full-height tape drive either in the bottom two half-height drive bays or the top two half-height drive bays.

May this information will help you but I would suggest to let us know about your query with more detail so that we can help you.

Do you want to replace LTO4 drives with LTO5?

Do you want to use both LTO4 and LTO5?

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
CLEB
Valued Contributor

@Subhajit KHANBARMAN_1 wrote:

What is "blanking panel"? The metal plate that covers the drive bays when they're not used.

The Library will not operate with a full-height tape drive installed in the second and third half-height drive bays. Install a full-height tape drive either in the bottom two half-height drive bays or the top two half-height drive bays. I do not want to use full height drives at all, I have two new half height drives.

May this information will help you but I would suggest to let us know about your query with more detail so that we can help you.

Do you want to replace LTO4 drives with LTO5? Yes

Do you want to use both LTO4 and LTO5? No

CLEB
Valued Contributor

Perhaps I can leave a full height 1840 drive in the top of the MSL4048 and put the two new half height 3000 drives in the bottom two?