1748181 Members
3723 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Storageworks 1/8 Autoloader I/O error

Glenn Keen Woldgate Col
Occasional Contributor

Storageworks 1/8 Autoloader I/O error

When trying to run a backup to our Storageworks 1/8 Autoloder using HP's Data Protector Express Backup Server 4.0 SP1 we always get an I/O error.

This error will sometime apprear after backing up a few files, othertimes after several hours.

I've tried a new cable and a different SCSI card but I still get the errors thus suggesting its a problem with the Autoloader.

Anyone have any ideas of how to either fix this or to trubleshoot it further.

Cheers,
Glenn Keen,
Network Manager,
Woldgate College.
5 REPLIES 5
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

What is your operating system?

If your OS is Windows can you post information on what events are logged when an I/O error occurs and the binary data from an error?

Have you tried changing the terminator?

Is all your firmware up to date? (autoloader, drive, HBA, server BIOS)

Are your drivers up to date?

If OS is Windows is all the polling disabled (AutoRun=0 registry entries in HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hplto and hpuln32/hpuln64)

I have seen a lot of returns for I/O errors on parallel SCSI and when enough is changed the problem eventually goes away but the drive is almost never at fault if the drive works at all. The most common problem I have seen lately is terminator failure.
Glenn Keen Woldgate Col
Occasional Contributor

Still getting 4024 I/O error at random times when trying to do a full back up.  Tried different tapes, different Scsi cards & cables, always get the same error.

Starting to think it is a error with the Autoloader.

920 Autoloader has prob
Occasional Advisor

Dear Support

we also facing I/O error after complision backup of 1.5TB..., regarding the error we allready replace SCSI Cable, and also check with new Backup Media,,, but same issue, in HP L&TT tools can not shown error in report..

Please help us.

Regards,

VIMAL

920 Autoloader has prob
Occasional Advisor

Dear Support Team

Regarding the issue we have replaced the complete autoloader with HBA and cable.. but still that problem is not resolve..

the customer is suffering due to not taking full backup of data's

Kindly Provide the Solution for the problem...

I/O Error Code (the proble is aperear after taking 1TB of backup..)

Regards,

VIMAL | 09824111686

920 Autoloader has prob
Occasional Advisor

Dear All

i have resolve the problem by replace Compatible HBA card with ML350 G5/DL380 G5 Server..

Thnaks

Vimal