5443 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: how to use the cost value

willhpc

how to use the cost value

I use the data protector 3.5 version to
backup the regular cctv files.
However the old unit of autoloader malfuction that the error message show like " unable to find the device(tape drive) etc..."

I try to replace the whole same model unit. As the result, the new error message is showed like " incompatilble media".

I have checked the new unit is function.

I try to insert the all new media tape into the new unit. We have the same error mesage.

As the result, the backup now can not be run without error.

My question is what the cost of media tape may affect the replacement.

If not, what the main cause this error ("incompatible media").

1 REPLY 1
Zigoze
Honored Contributor

Re: how to use the cost value

Well... maybe you should check several things first.

You have "Data Protector" software, or "Data Protector Express"?

If you have the first, you are running a very old version of data protector, and you should think on upgrading it to 6.11.

The error Unable to find the device, might be hardware problems, or not... it may only be communication issues.

Check on the OS that the tape drive is recognized correctly (is this a standalone tape drive, or a tape library?... what kind of media does it uses (LTO, DDS, DLT...)?).

Are you sure the new tape drive is the same type?... incompatible media sugests that the kind of media is not supported on the drive you are using...

Check device configurations on Data Protector, and, if you have to, reconfigure it all over again (when replacing tape drives, the scsi addresses and serial numbers change, and you need to reconfigure the devices...).

hope this helps...