108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: tape restore

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA864263
Occasional Advisor

so there is no way to trick it into spitting out this data??? My supervisor vaguely remembers backing this stuff up on win95.....this was BC (before carol) Do the Jumbo Drives have the same trouble? I have those tooo
CA864263
Occasional Advisor

so there is no way to trick it into spitting out this data??? My supervisor vaguely remembers backing this stuff up on win95.....this was BC (before carol)
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Carol, The Jumbo 120's will have the same problem. 250's and above should work fine in Win 95 with the right software. If you need to get this data back you can contact Vogon international http://www.vogon-international.com and they can assist you.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA864263
Occasional Advisor

I really appreciate all your help..at least I don't feel crazy now..I dont have to change careers...had a felling it was software...Had a similar probliem with pinnicle backups and managed to trick the backups into coughing up the data....Thanks again ever so mucho!!!!!
CA911939
Advisor

I have a Jumbo 120. The jumbo 120 / trakker 120 drives will only read / write QIC 40 tapes (40 / 60 Mb).

If you try to read a QIC2120, the 120 series drives will not recognize it. Try to borrow a trakker 250 if you have a QIC2120 type of tape.

Don