StoreEver Tape Storage
1745816 Members
3879 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to connect MSL2024 BL542A 3000, Fiber Channel, with Rj45 "Link Act., drive only"

Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to connect MSL2024 BL542A 3000, Fiber Channel, with Rj45 "Link Act., drive only"

The ethernet port on the drive module is 'for future use'. You should not need to connect to it.

Somehow the manuals are not yet updated to reflect this.

thanks,

-Eric

oceanografico
Occasional Advisor

well, i need it "for present use" to avoid buying expensive fc items  :-(

But that resolves the mystery. Thxs very much!

Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

Well, 'future use' will include management tasks. 'Future use' will not include data transfer capabillity. HP carries different products for iSCSI based storage.

-Eric

oceanografico
Occasional Advisor

the "drive only" tag gave me hope. But even if i need a firmware to fix it, I cant wait for it.

Thx again a lot!

Astra_Captain
Occasional Visitor

Dear all,

we have to set up MSL2024, too. At the back panel we have a SAS connector with the mystirous RJ45 aside.

We are wondering if we can use this RJ45 port for..what..management? host connection? sending out alarms? or only to get some green/yellow disco lights in the back?

Some news from your side regarding this port?

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What mystirous RJ45?

The LAN connector of the library is for management (browser based), if a drive has a LAN connector too, it is for factory use (config/firmware).

No data transfer over LAN to this library at all!

Only SCSI/FC/SAS depending on type of connector.

BTW, the USB port is for backup/restore configuration and firmware updates.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!