StoreEver Tape Storage
1745797 Members
3568 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Require Tape Library and medium changer drivers for HP MSL 4048 2 ultrium 960 4 GB FC library

Rahul16
Frequent Visitor

Require Tape Library and medium changer drivers for HP MSL 4048 2 ultrium 960 4 GB FC library

Hi,

We have a HP MSL 4048 2 ultrium 960 4 GB FC library with us and that need to configure on one of the AIX server.

But we are not able to find desired tape library and medium changer drivers on internet

Can anyone send the link from where we can download the drivers or can upload the same here.

Regards

Rahul

3 REPLIES 3
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Re: Require Tape Library and medium changer drivers for HP MSL 4048 2 ultrium 960 4 GB FC library

AIX is kind of complicated.  What ISV application are you using?

HPE worked with IBM and there is now support for the MSL 4048 and HPE LTO-7 drives built into the IBM Atape driver for AIX but only for LTO-7 at this time.  With Tivoli you have to have both the library and the drive using the Atape driver before you can use Atape so that support won't help with older drives.  Tivoli has a built in pass-through driver for libraries and uses the AIX built in "Other SCSI Tape" (OST) driver for the tape drives.

EMC NetWorker also has pass through drivers for the library and can use the OST driver for the tape drives.  I don't know yet whether NetWorker can use the Atape driver to connect to the library or if is like Tivoli and requires that both the library and drive be supported before using Atape.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Rahul16
Frequent Visitor

Re: Require Tape Library and medium changer drivers for HP MSL 4048 2 ultrium 960 4 GB FC library

hi,

We are using Simpana Commvault v10 backup software. Need to configure AIX media agent on same , for that HP MSL 4048 tape library and medium chnager drivers required. This is urgent , please any one having these drivers share with us.

Regards

Rahul

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

There are no special AIX tape library or AIX tape drive drivers for an MSL 4048 Ultrium 960 FC tape library.  

I just went and reviewed the CommVault compatibility matrix.  Their requirements look correct:

Library - No Driver

Tape Drive - AIX built in 'Other SCSI Tape' (OST) driver

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo