StoreEver Tape Storage
1752701 Members
6596 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader not initialized?

Gavinm
Advisor

StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader not initialized?

Hi, I have a StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader connected to a Proliant ML350G3 with appropriate HBA. I have successfully carried out backups and restores using the supplied StorageWorks Data Protector Express Single Server Edition. Now everything has stopped working and I get error logs in Data Protector Express indicating the the autoloader tape library has not been initialized. Does anyone know what this means or what I have to do? I've tried renewing the permanent license and rebooting the Server / autoloader, even updated the firmware and am now stumped! Any help would be appreciated.
These are the error codes I get:
Error 4036: Device needs an initializing command.
Error 1040: No devices specified or all devices are now offline.

Gavin
2 REPLIES 2
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The first step would be to use HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools) to check the library and see if any issues are found.

Pull and L&TT support ticket and post it here so somebody can take a look and see if everything looks fine on the library side.
Gavinm
Advisor

Thanks for reply Curtis, I've worked out the simple mistake that I overlooked!! Basically HP tape and drive tools showed everything as being ok and the autoloader webmin page the same. The issue was that electricians had disturbed network cables during a backup which caused StorageWorks SSE to throw a wobbly and disable the tape drive. I had been trying to initialize the library but I should have initialized the drive itself....all sorted now though!

Thanks