Unified Functional Testing Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compatibility of QTP 11 with jdk 1.7

Occasional Visitor

Compatibility of QTP 11 with jdk 1.7

I need patch to hot fix to support java7.

Could  anyone please share the   Java 7 -  QTPJV_00057

9 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Compatibility of QTP 11 with jdk 1.7

You need to open a request with HP to get that patch. Sharing of such items is generally a violation of licensing agreements between clients and HP.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
HPE Expert

Hello ,

There are 2 Hotfixes required to support JDK 1.7.

QTPJV_00051 for desktop apps , QTPJV_00057 for testing Java applets.

Please open a support case with us requesting for the Hotfixes. It will be privately provided to you over an FTP link.

Regards,

HP support

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HPE in any way . )
Frequent Advisor

HP recommened adding Patch QTP_00782 to resolve my issue and now QTP 11 works with Oracle objects.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

ORacle application with Java 7. 

have installed required java patches, but oracle objects are being identified as java objects.

Will this Patch QTP_00782 help identify Oracle objects?

Occasional Visitor

I have a similar issue here. I have QTP 11 and I am using oracle EBS. Recently we have to install JRE 1.7. The EBS application is no longer working. I submitted a support SR but did not get any resolution. not sure what to do with this issue.
Occasional Visitor

Looks like, these are the batch I need to fix the QTP JDK 1.7 issue, can anyone help getting these to fixexes.

There are 2 Hotfixes required to support JDK 1.7.

QTPJV_00051 for desktop apps , QTPJV_00057 for testing Java applets.

The support case I opened two weeks ago requesting fixes did not help.

Regards,
Occasional Visitor

hi,

can I have  the hotfix for jave version 1.7.55  , 1.7.51 and 1.7.11 , need to check which version we can use in our QTP project, thank you!!!

Frequent Advisor

[ Edited ]

I have QTP 11 and jdk 1.7 build 55 (32 bit) working on Win7 32-bit OS but am having trouble qetting the same to work on a Win7 64-bit OS.  I've installed pathes QTP_00699 and QTP_00709 but no luck. My Oracle EBS application is being recognized as SunAWTFrame objects.  Web pages are recognized correctly. 

Occasional Visitor

I am using UFT 12.5 and I'm not able to see java applet objects.   It sees it as a generic WinObject: SunAwtCanvas.  Does 12.5 support java applets?  Thanks