Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Download Utility to get locking codes for QTP

Occasional Contributor

Download Utility to get locking codes for QTP

Hi, I am interested in knowing if there is a utility that I can download to generate the license codes for QTP without having to install the software first. 

HPE Expert

Re: Download Utility to get locking codes for QTP

Hi Juan ,

"inst_key.exe"utility is there in QTP setup files under <QTP setup files>LicenseServer\KeyInstallation.

Run that to know the locking code. No need to install software for that.

Also , if you dont have Setup files on all machines , copy that Utility along with 2 DLLs "lsapiw32.dll" ,"lsdcod32.dll" to other machines. You should be able to run that utility on any machine with these 3 files and get the locking code.

( HP is encouraging to use separate QTP Forum for customers who has HP support contract. Other similar HP customers and HP support Engineers will be participating in the Forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP-Support/bd-p/functional-test-qtp-support-custome... )

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HPE in any way . )