Unified Functional Testing Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

Hi, all

I am on UFT 11.5 and trying to find a way to capture the keyboard return in the SAP webdynpro. Not sure if there is a way to paste image in this forum. But there is an input box in the app, I need to UFT to type some input, hit return and then some result will show in the other boxes.

Here is the DP code that I tried:

Browser("Secure Access Portal -").Page("Home - TEAM Portal / Portail_2").Frame("RCMP: PTSB/PTSS - Create_2").SAPEdit("Client HRMIS Id: *").Set "000135359" & vbCRLF

This failed with syntax error

Browser("Secure Access Portal -").Page("Home - TEAM Portal / Portail_2").Frame("RCMP: PTSB/PTSS - Create_2").SAPEdit("Client HRMIS Id: *").Set "000135359"

Browser("Secure Access Portal -").Page("Home - TEAM Portal / Portail_2").Frame("RCMP: PTSB/PTSS - Create_2").SAPEdit("Client HRMIS Id: *").Set vbCRLF

The first statement does put the entry in the input box. But the second vbCRLF statement wipes out the 000135359 and does a carriage return. That results in an error.

Do you know a proper way to do this? Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Jonathan.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

That's strange. I don't have SAPEdit to check, but on WebEdit, it's fine. Could you try with vblf instead of vbcrlf?

Re: How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

It is not working with vblf either. However, I found another post that gets around the problem for now.