Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Occasional Contributor

Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Hi All,

I have a webpage which has a silverlight component.  A script using descriptive programing has been prepared by my colleague. When he uses that script, it runs perfectly . But when I try and run that script , with WPF add-in enabled the IE 8 crashes and displays a message" IE has encountered a Problem and needs to close".

Whereas when i run the same script with WPF-addin disabled the IE runs fine but the script fails.

Both users use the same machine/dektop but with different log-in credentials.

Is there some kind of settings which need to be done for my log-in?

Any help on this issue will be helpfull!!

2 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Hi,

We are facing same issue. If you find any resolution please update.

Regards,

Amit

Sahil_Ace wrote:

Hi All,

I have a webpage which has a silverlight component.  A script using descriptive programing has been prepared by my colleague. When he uses that script, it runs perfectly . But when I try and run that script , with WPF add-in enabled the IE 8 crashes and displays a message" IE has encountered a Problem and needs to close".

Whereas when i run the same script with WPF-addin disabled the IE runs fine but the script fails.

Both users use the same machine/dektop but with different log-in credentials.

Is there some kind of settings which need to be done for my log-in?

Any help on this issue will be helpfull!!

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Internet Explorer crashes with WPF add-in

Please try this.It may solve your problem

Install the Following patches in order:
    QTPNET_00099.exe
    QTPNET_00106.exe
    QTPNET_00109.exe
Prior to installing them, please ensure that the security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package is installed on the QTP computer.
You can download it from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2.

Let me know if any progress.

thanks