Unified Functional Testing Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Occasional Visitor

QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Hi,

I have installed QTP 11 & Java 7 update 21. There is a envoirnment variable JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS -
-agentlib:jvmhook. If i remove it application is working but QTP stop recognizing some of java objects. For example a Java dialog is listed as Windows object. I have tried installing the QTP patch

QTPJV_00051

QTPJV_00057

QTP_00782

But still it doesn't work. PLease help

Regards

Anurag

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Hi Anurag,

Are you having any specific conflict with the java application when QTP is installed with the java add-in?

You can exclude the java hooking to that application only if necessary by following steps from this KB article: KM834284 

The JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable is required only when testing against Java 6 or 7 (versions 1.6 or 1.7), if it gets disabled then there will be issues to recognize java controls with QTP.

Thanks

HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Re: QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Hi,

Could you please share the patches for Java, tried online but couldnt get without HP Passport.