Search instead for 
Do you mean 

QTP with Firefox: By default QTP identifies all Sub-Windows as Dialog

Visitor

QTP with Firefox: By default QTP identifies all Sub-Windows as Dialog

Hi,

QTP 11.0

Firefox 17.0.4

I am automating an application in firefox with QTP.

I have a sceanrio, where in, I click on a link in a Page which opens a sub-window (identified as Dialog by QTP). I have multiple objects under the window ex. WebList, WebEdit, WebButton etc. and I need to interact with them. (But QTP doesn't recognise anything under Dialog :( ).

I have tried using:

Browser(...).Page(...).Dialog(...).Type micTab+micReturn

But it is not an optimal solution.

Can I get any help on this?

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: QTP with Firefox: By default QTP identifies all Sub-Windows as Dialog

Do you have the necessary QTP patch loaded so that QTP 11.0 can work with Firefox 17 - patch QTPWEB_00122?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Visitor

I have installed all the necessary  QTP Patches (QTPWEB_00090,QTPWEB_00092,QTPWEB_00122) and i am able to identify the objects in the Firefox but i am unable to identify the sub windows in that page.It was identified as 'Dialog' in the QTP and  I have multiple objects under the window ex. WebList, WebEdit, WebButton etc. and I need to interact with them.

Highlighted
HPE Expert

Hi,

Please check following limitation and suggested workarounds in readme of patch QTPWEB_00090:

* All Firefox versions: Steps on WebElements in a dialog box (such as Browser("").Dialog("").Page("").WebElement)
   do not work.
 Workaround:
 --All Firefox versions: If the Browser("").Dialog("") part of the step is recognized, you can use a recovery
      scenario to handle the step or Browser("").Dialog("").Type to handle the step.
 --Firefox versions 4 and later: Try using the 'HandleDialog' or 'GetDialogText' methods..

Please find more information in QTPWEB_00090 readme.

And, also check following suggestion: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1J23286

And this ER as well: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1J23250

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”