Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Test an application running into a remote desktop windows

Test an application running into a remote desktop windows

Hello, this is the scenario:

1) UFT script running on a UFT host (host A)
2) UFT script open a remote desktop connection to a remote host (host B)
2.1) UFT script test an application running on the remote desktop host/window

Is 2.1 feasible?

Of course (and unfortunately) UFT is not installed on host B

thanks and kind regards,

Valued Contributor

Re: Test an application running into a remote desktop windows

With QTP, it is not possible. However, with UFT, there may be possible. If you use Insight Recording to record/replay your script. This might be possible. Insight Recording identify the object not on its properties, but on the pre-defined image. With that theory, it may work. But I think you shouldn't maximize your Remote Desktop Window, make it a child window of your Desktop. Please give it a try and let us know whether it works for you :)

Occasional Visitor

Automate RDP Connections using UFT 11.52

Dear all, Could you please help me how to automate the RDP Connections using UFT?. Below are my requirements, We have a CyberArk Product which helps to connect the remote servers using RDP by Previlledge Session Manager(PSM). Normally when you connect the Server using PSM it Logins into PSM Server(RDP) and then connects to the Target Server using username and password. I would like to automate end to end connection. Steps: 1. Login to Web Page 2. Provide User name and password 3. Connect the Intermediate Server (PSM) as RDP connect. 4. And top of that, connect to Target Server as RDP Connect. Steps 3 and 4 required to automate the Windows Logons. Could you please suggest how to do it using UFT scripts?. Do we have any Plugins to user for this connections? Thanks, Murugan.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Automate RDP Connections using UFT 11.52

You have to have UFT installed on the HOST remote machines wherever you want to disribute the execution. You can use HP Sprinter or ALM to assign the HOST for each test and execute.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy