108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't login to vmlogin

SOLVED
Go to solution
Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Can't login to vmlogin

I'm using the vmlogin (the Voicemail/IP Messaging) program on a VCX 7.1.6 system. When I try logging in I can enter the sockroot username but when I press tab or down arrow or enter or click the password field I don't see a cursor in the password field. Or do I have the wrong username for VM Admin?
3 REPLIES 3
John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Can't login to vmlogin

Hi Nintendo1889,

I think you're referring to VCX 7.1.16c, since I don't believe that VCX 7.1.6 was ever released. The correct IPM administrator login to use with the vmlogin application is root. When you press the Enter key, it is normal not to see the cursor in the password field. Just type in the password anyway and press the Enter key. You should then see the vmlogin menu.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

I didn't think vmlogin used a different password than ssh. (root/secret) Thankfully I've got the VCX training manuals.

It'd be nice if HP would give away all of the 3Com university materials for self-learners. Do they even offer training anymore?

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Thanks. To whomever is responsible for putting the 3Com training materials on the HP Learning Center, many many kudos!!!!

Only one thing though, the NBX "3Com - NBX IP Telephony Solutions Architect" is offered as "Special Course/Activity" and the content links to an ExpertOne PDF for Credit for third-pary achievements. How can I find the NBX training?