1748236 Members
3631 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Drop Calls, who is?

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

Drop Calls, who is?

We have a VCX 7005 all the voice traffic has a vlan different from data, the ports where the ip phones are connected are hybrid type, traffic from the vlan of ip telephony are tagged and data vlan is untagged.

Digital Media Gatewaty V7122 ver 5.60A , E1 signaling is with MFC/R2 4 digits no ANI.

Recently the calls are dropped or bilateral audio is going , this happens only with the calls that come from outside, with internal calls doesn't happen, all switches are 4800G and 4500G and 8800 (3com), the ISP provider made a trace and says that our pbx asks for a fifth digit after the call is stablished with 4 digits, and then the call is dropped.

I called HP support and the made me obtain logs from GW, callprocessor and a mirrored port of a phone. but only made me install patch on vcx an a new software for ip phones. But that doesn't seem to work. I think the problem is with the gateway, what do you think?

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

Re: Drop Calls, who is?

Now is not only a signaling problem, the carrier says that the trunks sometimes appear as blocked, but on the gateway web browser the trunks appear like iddle or active but  isn't block or with CAS alarm.