108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Global Messaging.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gareth.Coley
Advisor

Global Messaging.

Hi, all.  I have re configured our VCX 9.0.17 estate to work with global messaging.  The mailboxes are showing at both branch and region server with the tick box in the mailbox advanced settings showing the correct server details.  The problem we are having is that once a message is received at the branch it does not automatically copy itself to the region. Does anyone have any pointers as to the cause of this? Thank you in anticipation.

4 REPLIES 4
John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Re: Global Messaging.

Gareth,

Are you referring to Global Voicemail Integration? If so, have you configured a server as the Global Voicemail Central Server (GVCS)? The messages aren't actually copied to the GVCS at the region, the messages are copied directly to the branch users when sending messages. The only files that are copied between the GVCS and branch offices are name announcements.

The operation and configuration of Global Voicemail Integration is described in the IP Messaging 9.0 System Administration Guide in Appendix L. I suggest that you read through that and confirm that your system is properly configured.

Gareth.Coley
Advisor

I have setup global messaging central server and am aware that this just opens all mailboxes to every site. What I am querying is the global messaging integration through the  IPMSG client systems part of the setup.  From what I can gather from the admin guides this should allow messages to be copied from the clients to the central server.  Is this not the case?

John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi Gareth,

Based on my understanding of how Global Voicemail Integration works, there are no clients involved. There is the Primary IPM server, the Secondary IPM server, the Global Voicemail Central Server, and the branch servers. When a regional user sends a voicemail message to a branch user, the connection is made directly from the region to the branch, and there is no file copying involved. The only instances in which files are copied are in the cases of name announcements.

Gareth.Coley
Advisor
Solution

This has been resolved now thank you. We have abandoned global messaging for manually copying mailboxes to the ipm server and adjusting the routing. It seems like a much more robust solution.