1753897 Members
7781 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

IP Messaging servers in synch?

ChesterCoperpot
Frequent Advisor

IP Messaging servers in synch?

Is there a way to tell if my IP Messaging boxes are in synch? Similar to that of the VCX Data where you run the ./checkReplication as the user cworks from the /opt/3com/VCX/vcxdata/bin directory.

Is there a similar way to do this in the IP Messaging side? And if they are found out of synch, how do I get them back in synch?

Michael F. Smith
HP-AIS IP Telephony, VCX, VCX-I, VCX Connect, H3CNE, A+, Network+, i-Net+
Technical Support Engineer
Global Competency Group
HP Networking
Hewlett-Packard Company

+1 508 323 5793 / Main
+1 508 323 1194 / Alternate
michael.f.smith@hp.com / Email
350 Campus Drive - 2.5.266
Marlborough, MA 01752
USA
1 REPLY 1
trekkiefan
Occasional Contributor

Re: IP Messaging servers in synch?

You can check the synchronization status of the IP Messaging databases by running the tblcmp command as app. If you see anything other than "Tables are identical", then that means that the servers are NOT synchronized.

If the servers are out of synch, then you can get them back into synch by spawning the script vssu_sync from the Blue GUI, accessible by using the xattach app command. In the Tables window, click the SS button. This will select the appropriate tables. Page down to check that the tables have checkboxes by them, indicating that they are selected. Click the UD button, this will update the secondary IP Messaging server and restart IP Messaging on the secondary server.

Trekkie Fan
Trekkie Fan