IP Telephony - VCX
1751695 Members
5134 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCX Connect 100 + Lync Server 2010 + PSTN Need help!

Raizen
Occasional Advisor

VCX Connect 100 + Lync Server 2010 + PSTN Need help!

VCX Connect 100 + Lync Server 2010 + PSTN

Hello, I got this assignment in which I have to make a Lync Server 2010 work together with a VCX Connect 100 and also integrate PSTN sessions. I read this is done by SIP sessions, but I'm not completely sure how to do this. Does the VCX need a SIP gateway to connect to the Lync Server and the PSTN? or is this done by a mediation server? I'm completely lost. Need help!

Andres Zepeda

HP Networking
PC Home
8 REPLIES 8
Raizen
Occasional Advisor

Also heard about PSNT gateways working along with a Mediation server to do this integration, but not sure if all this SIP and PSNT gateways are supported, needed or included by the VCX. The VCX has its own FXO and FXS ports, but the FXO ports don't seem to work when I plug phone lines on them.. the FXS ports does give me tone tho.

Andres Zepeda

HP Networking
PC Home
John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The Lync integration with VCX requires VCX 9.8.15. The procedure to integrate it is documented in the VCX 9.8 Administration Guide.

Raizen
Occasional Advisor

I feel so outdated, going to check that out.

Thanks

Andres Zepeda

HP Networking
PC Home
Raizen
Occasional Advisor

So I read about it, but I need to purchase the newest version of the VCX, which I rather not. Does the VCX 9.5 has an integrated VoIP gateway that makes possible exange between the IP network and the PSTN or do I have to purchase another box like the V711?

Andres Zepeda

HP Networking
PC Home
John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi Raizen,

Yes, the Connect 100 comes with integrated FXO and FXS ports. You can use the FXO ports to connect to analog lines and then to the PSTN. The FXS ports can be used to connect analog phones or analog fax machines.

Raizen
Occasional Advisor

Ok heres what happened:

>Set up a Dial plan with the wizzard

>Connected a PSNT trunk to the FXO

>Connected a digital panasonic phone to the FXS

>Set up 2 IP 3COM Phones for VoIP and working with they own accounts (Internally).

>Calls still dont go outside to the PSNT, only internally routed in my network.

>Digital phone has busy tone.

>When I dial my dial string, says not reacheable.

What to do? I'm guessing my dial plan was not set up right.

However, don't the FXO port leds should turn on when you plug them a  PSNT Trunk? (even with no configuration) Because they don't.

Also, do I need any service enlabed from my carrier to be able to use it on the VCX?

Thanks for your help so far

Andres Zepeda

HP Networking
PC Home
John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi Andres,

It is most likely a configuration on the VCX and/or the FXS and FXO gateway. Troubleshooting these types of issues through the forum is not very effective usually. Please open a technical support case on the VCX and a member of the support team can assist you.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

You can get away with upgrading vcx without purchasing it [connect, not enterprise]. Just note that you won't be able to call hp support unless you downgrade back to your licensed version or purchase the upgrade.