1752568 Members
5689 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Voicemail to Email Integration

Br1an
Occasional Visitor

Voicemail to Email Integration

So we swapped over from a 3com NBX to the new VCX 9.5 system now.  Everything is working fine except I cannot figure out how to get voicemails going to email.  Wasn't sure where I needed to setup our exchange server information to make this work.  Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
carpenj2_1
Advisor

Re: Voicemail to Email Integration

Still having issues with this?

Br1an
Occasional Visitor

Yea I am I have not been able to figure out how to do it.

John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi Br1an,

What needs to be done is to enable E-Mail Autodelivery on the mailboxes that need this capability, and specify what email address to send the voicemail messages to. This is done in the Delivery Options of the mailbox in the IP Messaging Web Interface.

By default, the VCX will use the configured DNS servers to look up the mail-exchanger that serves the domain to which the emails are being sent. The VCX then directly connects to the mail-exchanger using SMTP on port 25, so any firewalls between the VCX and the mail-exchanger should be configured to allow outbound SMTP traffic from the VCX to the mail-exchanger.

If the above information doesn't help to get voicemail to email working, please open a case with Technical Support.

Br1an
Occasional Visitor

Well I got it working thanks for the help.  Only issue now is it is going into junk and since it doesn't come from a actual address gotta figure out how to fix that.

Sch1man
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We Recently changed our E-mail Server on site.

I worked with Technical support and thought we had addressed changing the Email server IP address within Cygwin.

Today I found the same setting on the Web based interface...

But, our Messages are not being forwarded to our E-mail.

Any suggestions?

John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi Sch1man,

You could try removing the SMTP (Email) Server from the Cygwin or Web interface, save the changes, add it back in, and save the changes again.

If voicemails are still not being delivered via email, then the next step would be to collect the eml_client.out log from the /opt/logs/ipm/app directory. If you look at the log, it should give you an idea of what server the VCX is trying to send mail to, and how that server is responding to the VCX.

If you need help interpreting that log, then you should open a case with Technical Support.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

eml_client.out is in /usr/app/gen. You can do a tail -f on that file to watch it happen in real-time.