108760 Solutions
New Discussion

super CDR file has wrong time

SOLVED
Go to solution
Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

super CDR file has wrong time

I have an external pricing tool for the call reports, but all the CDR files shows a wrong time of day, like +5 hours, It isn't the timezone I checked and it is configured for America and in especific for mexico city, the servers are synchronized with an ntp,  the time that is displayed on phones and on servers are correct, except the cdr files.

I thought it could be the media gateway, the time was wrong and i corrected it, but I don't see any change.
I want to know from where the super CDR files gets time of the day, and if I can fix it.

Equipment:

V7005 VCX 9.5.13

Digital Media Gateway V71222 2 Span

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

Re: super CDR file has wrong time

more details:

Today I download this file 

2011080916530971.xml

the date and time of the filename is correct but inside the file the time of day it's incorrect

<e6>20110809 20:09:21</e6><f0>20110809 20:09:21</f0>

Frequent Advisor
Solution

I opened a case on HP support, here is the solution.

The time displayed on the CDR files has a universal GMT, it is independent of the timezone configured on servers.

If my server has configured with  GMT -6h ,CDR file will give the time that has the GMT at that time.

The solution it's to modify the code or the configuration of the pricing tool for the call reports, and do the subtraction or addition of the hours depending on your timezone.

Advisor

Bear in mind that this "feature" of CDR generation makes it very difficult to bill properly on a VCX Enterprise. VCX provides for only a single Billing Server per Enterprise, which might be collecting CDR data from multiple callp servers across multiple timezones. There is nothing in the CDR data to indicate which CDRs came from which server, and so, with all the call times set to GMT, how do you decide whether the call was made daytime / evening / weekend? The only way is to take the source extension into account and look up the original site based on this data. You cannot bill on a multi site, multi timezone VCX easily using CDRs.