1752800 Members
5923 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem OS install in IVM Machine

SOLVED
Go to solution

Problem OS install in IVM Machine

I have Virtual machine.I am not able to install the OS On the virtual machine.

Problem is :- 1. Lan ignite is not working.
2. Ignite Server is not in same subnet or gateway.
3. From CD install it is working .When i am removing first CD install becomes abort.Because CD drive is mounted.I am not able to insert the 2nd CD also.

Please kindly suggest me.Is there other option to install OS on IVM machine.
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem OS install in IVM Machine

ignite is not working because you are on a different subnet. You need to use a boot helper or boot from DVD.

Need to know more about your DVD configuration. Is this the physical drive or an ISO image? Did you use the vMP's "eject" and "insert" commands?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem OS install in IVM Machine

Bonjour,

You should give more details.

How is the virtual CD configured ? Could you post, from VM Host, result of "hpvmstatus -P NameOfTheVm"

Assuming that you use physical drive and before ejecting the first CD, you are supposed to eject it from a virtual point of view. From the virtual console (hpvmconsole), go back to main menu (Ctrl B), type command "VM", then command "EJ" (as eject), follow instructions. Once logically ejected, you can now physically eject the CD. Insert now the new one, and from the virtual console use command "IN" (as insert). Once the CD is now physically and logically inserted, you can go back to the console with "Ctrl B" followed by command "CO" and continue HP-UX installation.

Regards

Eric