New Discussion юеВ

hpvm, vswitch issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

hpvm, vswitch issue

Hi,

I'm having some issues with a virtual switch, basically the problem is that I removed a vswitch while it was assigned to some guests, ok , the I created another one and it is working for one guest. The problem is that I can see the previous vswitch yet, and I cannot modify the guest's because it says that the switch doesn't exist, but actually the guest are still seeing that assignation.

Someone knows how can I figure out this issue to avoid data corruption when booting the guests, etc.

Thank you,

Marco,
Just unplug and plug in again ....
3 REPLIES 3
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: hpvm, vswitch issue

I'm still new to VM, but can you do an hpvmstop -px (the servers having the problem).

Run an hpvmstatus -px -v to check the hardware.
Then hpvmmodify and add the new vswitch and then run the hpvmstatus again to confirm it.
Then see if you can restart the VM.

I'm just thinking....like I said I'm fairly new to VM.

Rgrds,
Rita

Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Bonjour,

"to avoid data corruption when booting the guests" IMHO there is no risk of data corruption : you just have some trouble with NIC.

I did not understand exactly what you want to do : do you want to substitue a vswitch to an other one ? In this case, before modifying configuration of vNIC in the VM, find actual values of bus and device of the NIC (hpvmstatus -v -P ...) : if you want to have the same instance of vNIC in the VM, you will have to supply them to the hpvmmodify command (hpvmmodify -a network:lan:BUS,DEVICE:vswitch:....)

You can also force the MAC address to the old one. In this case : hpvmmodify -a network:lan:BUS,DEVICE,MACADDR:vswitch:...

Anyway I think the better way to correct the problem is to stop VM, modify its virtual NIC configuration, then restart.

Eric
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

Actually I tried some tests and found exactly that, I must use the hardware address to perform these operations.

Thank you for the help.

Best regards,

Marco,
Just unplug and plug in again ....