1748147 Members
3696 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: some vms showing no data through integrity virtual server manager under smh

VUT
Advisor

some vms showing no data through integrity virtual server manager under smh

Ok just installed VM manager vers 6.1 and after sorting out a tomcat and cim issue have finally got a web page showing my VMs

except some of them are showing no data - what can I check on the VMs to sort this out

Also the memory utilisation is showing x% of 0Gb on all the VMs !!

7 REPLIES 7
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Are you running the very latest version of VMMGR and do you have the VM guest toolkit installed in the guest?  I know some of these reporting problems have been fixed in the latest VMMGR depot and you need the VM guest toolkit installed to collect the metrics.

The latest VMMGR can be downloaded from here:

http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=VMMGR

Dave

I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
VUT
Advisor

Hi Dave

Yes i have installed the latest version as per your url

Can you give me the product details of the VM guest toolkit  - is this the VMProvider sotware ?

Cheers

Dave Olker
HPE Pro

@VUT wrote:

Hi Dave

Yes i have installed the latest version as per your url

Can you give me the product details of the VM guest toolkit  - is this the VMProvider sotware ?

This is the software depot located in /opt/hpvm/guest-images/hpux/11iv3/hpvm_guest_depot.11iv3.sd on the Integrity VM Host.  You should install this bundle in every v6.1 HP-UX 11i v3 guest.

Dave

I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
VUT
Advisor

Thanks again for the info

Just checked what is in that depot and these are all installed on the guest - is there any sort of config that needs to take place to get these to report to SMH ?

Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Nope.  If you've got the latest VMMGR and the latest VirtProvider stuff and you're still not getting information reported in SMH then I'd suggest opening a support case with HP.

Dave

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo
VUT
Advisor

Ok will do thanks for your help

VUT
Advisor

Ok - sorted it - realised was using ssh to logon to server so did a manual ssh from host to guest which added guest to hosts known host file and as if by magic all  metrics appeared